Sunday, June 28, 2009

Going back to work

On a sadder note, I start back to work tomorrow. Lucky for Isaiah (and Nathan), he will be home with Daddy until mid-August! I'm trying not to get too down, but it will be a big adjustment back to work and away from Isaiah for 28 hours a week. I'm sure I will be talking Nathan into coming to visit me at work for lunch or walking me to/from work once in awhile so I can spend more time with him and Isaiah. Being home has been so wonderful. I remember when I was pregnant, so many people told me I would be ready to go back to work after 12 weeks. Well, I took 14 weeks off and don't feel ready to go back. I can do it; it will definitely be a transition though. I've been doing weekly get togethers with moms that I was in pre-natal yoga with and their babies. I will miss those gatherings (coffee on Mondays and walks on Wednesdays). I hope to squeeze out of work once in awhile with Isaiah and make it to a few gatherings. We will be starting an evening gathering too for those moms returning to work. This picture is of 6 of the 8 babies we get together with each week (they were all born within 6 weeks of each other!). The babies are in order from oldest to youngest (right to left). Isaiah is the third from the left in the white.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Good luck back at work tomorrow Veronica! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as you make the transition back!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli!! The first day went pretty well; it helped that Nathan and Isaiah surprised me for lunch! Isaiah even made it 4 hours without eating, so I got to nurse him at lunchtime when they came to visit! Thanks for the note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy to hear it went well and that you got to nurse him over lunch! What a wonderful first day back!

    ReplyDelete