Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting ready for the Boundary Waters!

The past two years over Labor Day weekend, I have had the incredible opportunity to go to the Boundary Waters with some fabulous women for a little retreat. We have had great experiences every year...including bears at our site my very first trip! This year, I was lucky enough to be invited again. Nate is busy with work every Labor Day as students are moving in, kick off weekend, etc, which means that Isaiah will be heading North to the Boundary Waters for his first-ever canoeing experience with me and the group of women. Lucky for us, all of the women are moms (plus one doctor and a physical therapist), and some of them took their kids as infants to the Boundary Waters...so this is not new to the group.

We met last night to discuss our weekend and we will be heading out early Friday morning for a three hour drive to the Gunflint Trail and take off in our canoes by 10:30 AM and will arrive back Monday afternoon. I am super excited, and I admit, a tad nervous, to bring Isaiah on this adventure. I'm unsure how he will do in the canoe, but know he'll do great on the portages and in a tent. Although, the cooler evening weather may be an interesting twist. And, with the cool temperatures of the lake up north, I don't know that he'll be joining in on the skinny dipping. :) In preparation for our trip this weekend, Isaiah spent part of the weekend in his life jacket getting used to it. I hope he's as happy this weekend in the life jacket as he is in these pictures! :) Stay tuned to next week to hear how the adventure goes!

1 comment: