Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Adapting






We are all working hard at adapting to our new life as a family of four. We have had good days and difficult days, but we are surviving and we seem to be figuring it out! I had my first outing today with both kids…to the grocery store and then on to the circle song group. It actually went pretty well and I was very proud of Isaiah and his listening and helping out. I can’t get too excited that it will be like this every time we have an outing, but I will take this on our first day out!

Even though things are busier with two kids already, we have had a lot of time around the house and to just hang out. This means, too, that we’ve been able to do all those things that we’ve always wanted time to do. Friday evening before Isaiah went to bed (and before the rainy weekend), we all went outside and planted flowers. What a lovely way to spend a Friday night as a family! Our summer is starting off wonderfully with getting things done; we’ll see what it’s like at the end of the summer!

2 comments:

  1. It is amazingly exhausting isn't it? Little moments to yourself are treasured with 2 kiddos! But it sure is fun. Happy transitioning to family of 4. Great family photo! love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy! If I ever have another baby, you'll have to let me know where to get that baby bubble to keep my other kids out. That thing looks awesome. Before you know it, 2 kids will be second nature and you'll forget what it was like to have just 1. I can't imagine just 1 kid.. life would be so (...peaceful...j/k) BORING! Congrats again- it was good talking to you the other day.

    ReplyDelete