Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day in Duluth

Our 1st Valentine's Day as parents was perfect! As I shared before, we got a babysitting co-op going and I was the secretary for this first month, which means that I arranged all the sits. So, Nathan secretly went behind my back and found the list of sitters and called around to see if he could find someone to watch Isaiah so we could go on an early Valentine's day date (our 2nd date in one week...gotta love this co-op!). So, I came home from work, Nathan had picked out my outfit to wear and had Isaiah all ready to go to a sitter's house. We dropped him off and went to dinner at Va Bene, an Italian restaurant that has a year round balcony that overlooks Lake Superior. It was absolutely beautiful as the ice was beginning to break up and the sun was setting. Below is our view from our table. We enjoyed a lovely dinner together.


The next day, Nathan, Isaiah and I walked down to Bayfront Park for a full day of festivities to mark the first day of the Olympics. We had a beautiful day just moseying around by the lake and enjoying a crisp February day. Here is that awesome Lake Superior ice again...as I write this April 5, the ice is LONG gone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment