Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break!

Although I didn’t have Spring Break from work, my 16 year old sister and Nathan both did. So, we did our annual meet up during Spring Break. Pearl and my mom drove up from SD and met me, Nathan and Isaiah in Minneapolis. We had a great time.

We started our break by driving down to Minneapolis Wednesday afternoon. We visited a friend who just had a baby and then had dinner with Nathan’s sister and her partner. Then, we headed to the hotel in downtown Minneapolis where we waited for my mom’s and Pearl’s arrival. They finally arrived and we spent the evening catching up.

Thursday we began our vacation by heading to the Minneapolis library and playing in the toddler area. It's a newly remodeled library and had a GREAT space for toddlers. It was so beautiful outside, that we decided it would be in our best interest to spend some time outside so we headed to Como Park. We walked around the zoo and the gardens throughout Como Park and enjoyed the wonderful weather. Being that it was my birthday, we then headed to a wonderful Indian restuarant for dinner and enjoyed a delicious meal. Then it was back to the hotel for some Ben & Jerry's ice-cream! :)

Friday Nathan headed to St. John's for class, so Pearl, my mom, me and Isaiah headed to the Mall of America to do some prom dress shopping for Pearl. Yes, Pearl is going to prom this year! She found her dress after not too much stress (lucky for us all!). Then, off to Ikea. I can't believe how well Isaiah did through all the stimuli! We are one lucky family to have such an awesome kiddo! :)

Saturday morning we woke up and headed to St. Cloud with my mom and sister to celebrate Isaiah's birthday with a birthday party with friends and family at Nate's parents house. We had a lovely Mexican themed dinner with lots of yummy dessert! My grandma recently sent me the birthday candle used on my first birthday, so that was used on Isaiah's cake. I can't believe my grandma kept that candle after all these years!

We had a great time celebrating and were so lucky to have both sides of the family attend the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment