Monday, April 26, 2010

Isaiah's 1st birthday



Isaiah celebrated his first birthday on March 24. We had a wonderful eve of his birth on the 23rd reliving a lot of what happened one year ago. Everything from remembering waking up with cramps from beginning labor, to dinner at a friend’s house, to Nathan finishing up a wood-working project, to walking to the hospital in the cold and rain, laboring all night and then welcoming our little one at 6:38 AM on the 24th. For one reason or another, Isaiah was up a lot during the night and when I would look at the clock I would automatically think back and wonder what I was doing one year ago. Kind of a fun way to look back at the year.

Nathan took the afternoon off and the three of us went to the zoo (again). J It was such a nice day out, that we HAD to get out again; very different than the day he was born…blustery, cold and rainy. The three of us then had a low key meal at home followed by some friends over for cake and ice-cream.

The week before Isaiah’s birthday, I was driving with a co-worker and on the side of the road there was a Little Tykes play gym type-thing with a FREE sign on it. I couldn’t get it apart, so Nathan went back and managed to get it apart and into our car. This was Isaiah’s birthday present from us; gotta love free things!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I can not believe your baby is already a year old! Not so much a baby anymore Isaiah! And what great luck with the slide set...perfect! Can't wait to see you guys again! Happy Belated Birthday Isaiah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to lie, I'm SO jealous that you got that for free!! I've been looking for one at garage sales for a while now.

    It's weird. Owen was up all night the night before his birthday too and I remember thinking back one year every time I looked at the clock also. Maybe they both knew it was their birthday and were just TOO EXCITED to sleep!!

    ReplyDelete